1753506 Members
5006 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error: Incompatible Firmware - Mismatch after updating FLEX-10 Firmware

David Claussen
Regular Advisor

Error: Incompatible Firmware - Mismatch after updating FLEX-10 Firmware

I ran the v1.51 VSCU utility and selected the freshly downloaded vcfwall315.bin. After what I thought was a good install (the command line window disappeared) I see that the FLEX-10 VCM in bay 2 has the TEAL exclamation point error "Incompatible Firmware - Mismatch".

The utility must have shut itself down after the update of the first VCM "went bad". A credit the VSCU utility for sure.

BUT, I am still left with a defunct FLEX-10. After some research, I found the Matrix. It seems from the Matrix, that the latest firmware for all VCMs is v3.10. If that is the case, why was I able to acquire the v3.15 firmware?

How do I fix this? Now, the VCSU-update stops with the message "ERROR: Previous firmware update operation on one or more modules is not completed".

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Dave
3 REPLIES 3

VC 3.15 is the latest one we have.
did you use VCSU 151 in interactive or batch mode?
what command line syntax did you use?
do you have VCSU log files?
is teh controller with the incompatible firmware rebooted after the fw update (activate fw)
David Claussen
Regular Advisor

I had to call HP support. The bottom line is that I needed to reseat each VCM, one at a time. The update hung and that was how to correct it. Luckily, nothing ever went down.
David Claussen
Regular Advisor

See above.