BladeSystem - General
1752800 Members
5541 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error IP ILO 2 for ProLiant BL460c G1 c7000 Enclosure

Toni M

Error IP ILO 2 for ProLiant BL460c G1 c7000 Enclosure

Hi, I├В┬┤ve a problem with the configuration of my ILO 2. When I change the EBIPA Address in Enclosure Bay IP Addressing I receive an error "Could not determine the IP address of the management processor for the requested blade" and I receive the IP 0.0.0.0 in Blade ILO and a Information icon appear in blade image. Attach image
4 REPLIES 4
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Make sure that You have DHCP enabled in ILO settings for that blade. Then reset the ILO.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Toni,

Several things you should check:

>Is EBIPA address on the same subnet as the Onboard Administrator? (it has to be)

>Is that server's iLO set to DHCP? (it has to be for EBIPA to work)

>Is iLO disabled?

You may have to connect a monitor and USB keyboard directly to the blade using the SUV cable that came with the enclosure. Boot the server and press F8 when prompted to change iLO settings.

good luck!
Toni M

Where are ILO seetings for change this?. Thanks
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

You can use a Serial-USB-Video cable (also called a Local I/O cable) attached to the front of the blade. This will give you console access. As it boots you will see the message "Press F8 to configure iLO."

If you don't have an SUV cable, you can instead reset the iLO security override jumper shown on page 10 here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00700767/c00700767.pdf

(conveniently page 11 shows the SUV cable :) )