9450 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Firmware Upgrade thru HP SIM

ArjEE
Occasional Advisor

Firmware Upgrade thru HP SIM

Hi,

Has anyone tried using HP SIM to updgrade c3000 blade firmware? ( iLo2, OBA and Switch )?

Am trying to do a firmware upgrade thru HP SIM but am encountering the following error:

"The IP address is not configured on the system".

The iLO2 address are currently reachable. Not sure what is causing the error. The firmware are available on the HP SIM repository. Has anyone been successful in using the HP SIM for c3000 blade?
4 REPLIES 4
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

with custom tool,

SSH to OA and give update command there.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
ArjEE
Occasional Advisor

No problem on using the CLI to update firmware. What I need is the use of HP SIM to update firmware on c3000 blade components.

We need a central management that is the HP SIM to manage several HP blades. That is why were looking on HP SIM capability to update the firmware.
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

And I meant that You create a custom tool to SIM which will SSH to OA and update the OA firmware.
Same can be done to ILOs too, just remember to configure your SSH trust with devices.

There is a good tool for mass updating ILO FWs
"HP lights out migration utility"
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
ArjEE
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Jarkko.

Can you let me know how to create a custom tool with HP SIM. I havent tried doing so, so if you have any idea on that, appreciate if you can share it. Thanks.

We want HP SIM to do all the upgrade instead of using one tool or application separately.
HP SIM would act as the central interface to the blades.