BladeSystem - General
1753258 Members
5423 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Flex-10, NIC profile always Unassigned.

Magnus von Rosen
Frequent Advisor

Flex-10, NIC profile always Unassigned.

Hi,

I'm setting up a new environment and have found trouble. I am unable to assign NICs to the server profiles!
This has not happened on our other Flex-10 enclosure.
C7000 with a pair of new Flex-10 Switches.
8 identical BL490 blades, no mezz cards.
3 identical uplinks in each switch, one RJ45 and two 10Gbit fibre for Lan and NFS network.

I have updated blades using firmware DVD 9.10c.
I have updated flex-10 to 2.34. Tried to install 3.15 but it just freezes when uploading the .bin.

I can create the networks fine.
I can create a server profile and set 6 NICs, assign them to their respective networks, and assign to a blade server. All fine...until it reloads the page.
PROBLEM:
Then, all 6 nics will come up as "Unassigned", and not as I would expect "Management_A, Storage_B" and so on.
I can set them again to their respective networks, but the "Apply"-button does not light up. I cannot hit Apply. If I try to cheat by changing something irrelevant like PXE settings, the Apply-button will light up. I press Apply, and after the page reloads they will still all come up as Unassigned.

I'm attaching a screenshot. My Printscreen just come up black today, so I will treat you with an iphone screenshot. :)

Help! :)

Thanks,
Magnus, Sweden
6 REPLIES 6
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Magnus,

what is the server model? is it G6 or G7?

Similar issue was observed on NC522m Dual Port Flex-10 10GbE Multifunction adapter where NIC profile gets unassigned. HP L2 is already investigating the issue.

Please refer to HP Customer Advisory c02251800

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02251800тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3884098&prodTypeId=3709945

Help me with the following information
what is the exact model of your nic and it's firmware level?
System bios ?
VC firmware level?
OA firmware ?
check these firmware and update individually as per firmware compatibility matrix.
after creating the server profile and assigning NIC profile, save the server profile else copy the server profile from the working enclosure if you have identical environment and apply in this enclosure to further narrow down the issue.
comparison of firmware levels of both enclosure will give some insight.

Fyi.. I managed to resolved the similar issue by downgrading / upgrading firmware in a testing environment.

hope this helps,

thanks,
Aftab.
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

JKytsi
Honored Contributor

What browser ?
You must use VCSU to update VC firmware, VC GUI is not an option anymore.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Magnus von Rosen
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

the blades are 490 G6.
I managed to update the firmware using the util you mentioned! I haven't had a chance to see if it helped yet. I shall return with the results on friday.

Thanks so far!
KR
Magnus
Magnus von Rosen
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

the upgrade to 3.15 was successful and solved the problems. I can assign the NICs just fine now.

Thanks,
Magnus
Magnus von Rosen
Frequent Advisor

Upgraded to 3.15 using the upgrade utility from HP version 1.5.1.0.
Ali
HPE Pro

Excellent!
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo