108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Help with a heartbeat between C7000 chassis

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott Farrand
Advisor

Re: Help with a heartbeat between C7000 chassis

Hmmm... so I'm confused... these plug into the VC modules, but appear to have their own interface (web and ssh...) but from what I can see, the only entries I see at all are related to NS...

(I'm very unfamiliar with this particular device...)
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Hi Scott,
I was wondering if you are having any issues with this configuration?? I jsut noticed,

Add uplinkset VLAN-Trunk-A
add uplinkport enc0:0:X2 Uplinkset=VLAN-Trunk-A speed=auto
add uplinkport enc0:1:X2 Uplinkset=VLAN-Trunk-A speed=auto

Add uplinkset VLAN-Trunk-B
add uplinkport enc1:0:X2 Uplinkset=VLAN-Trunk-B speed=auto
add uplinkport enc1:1:X2 Uplinkset=VLAN-Trunk-B speed=auto

this seems to indicate that you are adding port

:: and :: to Uplinkset VLAN-Trunk-A

Question 1 is what is Bay 0???, Bays are numbered 1 - 8.
Second question is more of an observation. As a general rule, you should not add ports from different VC modules to the same Uplinkset.

Just an observation.

Dave.
Scott Farrand
Advisor

That's part of why I was asking... I haven't actually tried that config... right now those links are live, but are an active/passive standby pair... I thought I used the right bay's, but perhaps it's supposed to be 1 and 2...

Thanks!

I've been told that I really need to wait for someone else's approval at this point.

Thanks for your help though! :)
hasrul
Occasional Advisor

ur objective is to have heartbeat connection between 2 c7000 right? for cluster w2k08, u doesn't need the heartbeat connection anymore.without it, ur cluster still can work without any issue
Scott Farrand
Advisor

The cluster spans both enclosures, and it works great... until the switch both enclosures are connected to gets restarted for routine maintenance... The hope is to directly connect & stack the virtual connects in both enclosures...

(Also, as a side note, I discovered the hard way that using the "save supportinfo" command while SSH'd into a Flex-10 Virtual Connect prompt will interrupt communication)