BladeSystem - General
1752301 Members
4948 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: how do I view the active OA when both OAs in a c7000 have the same IP address

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael1
Advisor

how do I view the active OA when both OAs in a c7000 have the same IP address

Hi,

My issue concerns how to view the active OA when both the standby OA and the active OA have the same IP address in a c7000.

Only recently did I realise both the standby and active OA could have the same IP address. Previously with different IP addresses I could view both and easily perform 'takeovers' thereby transitioning between active and standby states.

Then I reconfigured the standby OA to have the same address as the active OA. As a test I then performed a takeover. Now whenever I open the IE I am met with the Standby OA. I was expecting to see the active OA on each occasion, irrespective of any takeovers having taken place or not.

Should I have done something else like checking a box when giving both OAs the same IP address?
3 REPLIES 3
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Re: how do I view the active OA when both OAs in a c7000 have the same IP address

Hi,
Both OAs must have unique IPs. With OA current OA firmwares You can use "enclosure IP mode" which will create single IP for OA usage.
But even that option enabled, the OAs _must_ have unique IPs
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Michael1
Advisor

Thanks Jarkko.

Better give them unique IPs so. Where can I set the 'enclosure IP mode'. I've looked around the Insight Display and the Enclosure Information but don't see this.

Maybe I'll leave one of them at 0.0.0.0/DHCP. At any rate I'd like to know where the 'enclosure IP mode' option resides.

-M

JKytsi
Honored Contributor
Solution

You must have OA FW >2.21
You can find the setting in TCP/IP settings in enclosure settings.

Remember to assign points if this was helpfull
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi