4637 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP 1:10Gb Ethernet Blade Switch degraded

OliverAn
Advisor

HP 1:10Gb Ethernet Blade Switch degraded

Hi,

We have a problem in our C7000 Enclosure: The HP 1:10Gb Ethernet Blade Switch in Bay 1 goes to degraded state after some days of operation. I can't find any further errors, but OA syslog shows:

Interconnect 1 selftest: Interface micro is not responding

Interconnect 1 selftest: FRU is not responding

When I transfer OA passive to active the switch is shown as faulty and I am unable to power on any blade.

We have already replaced the switch and also the midplane, firmwares are all up to date. Any suggestions what to check?

Oliver

17 REPLIES 17
Kumdist
Valued Contributor

Try re-siting the switch first. Might help.

Ericdo
Occasional Visitor

Hi

Any  new about this topic because i have the same  problem ?

This problem is occuring on several blade center and only with HP 1:10Gb Ethernet Blade Switch.

Network activities work fine but a error is reported by OA

Thanks

Eric

OliverAn
Advisor

Hi Eric,

We opened a support call at HP that is still in progress. They say that it is related to the fact that we have 1:10 in Interconnect 1 and GbE2c in Interconnect 2. I have not seen any documentation that sais this is an unsupported configuration.

How are your Chassis configured, what Interconnect Modules do you have?

Oliver

Ericdo
Occasional Visitor

Hi

This problem occurs inside three switchs 1:10 installed on 2 blade center

The first blade center has an 1:10 switch on interconnect 1 and  a switch GbE2c on interconnect 2

The second one has two  1:10 switchs on interconnect 1 and 2 and two switchs GbE2c on interconnect 3 and 4

Of course  firmwares/bios/OA/... are up to date and my HP contact has no answer to me. When i unplug and re-plug the switch no alarm occurs during some hours but after a couple of days all the 1:10  switchs are on alarm

Eric

OliverAn
Advisor

Okay, that's interesting. HP told us that we may not use 1:10 and GbE2c in adjacent bays, but I see you get the same errors on your chassis with 1:10 in 1+2. For me it''s the same, if we pull the switch out and put it in again everything works fine - even for 2-3 months.

Did you open an official call?

peyrache
Respected Contributor

H

which version of OA  are you running ?

Ericdo
Occasional Visitor

The last one 3.31

Eric

OliverAn
Advisor

Same here, 3.31

Ericdo
Occasional Visitor

Hi

Bad new, the version of OA 3.32 doesn't solve this issue: After update of OA and re-siting of switch,  same error occurs after some hours.

Oct 13 09:55:32  OA: Interconnect 1 selftest: FRU is not responding
Oct 13 09:55:32  OA: Internal health status of interconnect in bay 1 changed to Degraded
Oct 13 09:56:32  OA: Interconnect 1 selftest: Interface micro is not responding

Eric