7068 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 1/10Gb VC-Enet

Kevin Debono
Occasional Advisor

HP 1/10Gb VC-Enet

Guys,

I'm trying to connect to an HP VC-Enet via SSH that is in my c7000 enclosure. I mananged to logon to the OA no probem. When I try to connect to the VC-Enet I'm prompt for a username and password. I'm typing the username and password that are written on the drvice itself but they are not working i.e. Logon fails. I never changed the default username and password since this equipment is new. Any ideas why I can't logon?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

Re: HP 1/10Gb VC-Enet

Kevin:

the SSH CLI only became available after FW version 1.20. Pre-1.20 there was an SSH login but you couldn't get in. Verify that you are running at least 1.20 but preferably you should have your OA at or above 2.13 and VC at 1.24
Kevin Debono
Occasional Advisor

HEM,

Thanks for your email...

Just yesterday I updated the firmware on the OA to version 2.2.

As for VC I guess that you are referring to the VC Manager right? (This is the first time in my life that I'm working on a c7000). The strange thing is that the VC manager node is not visible in my OA website:( and I didn't manage to figure out why yet.

If I try to accees the CLI using the RS232 port on the OA will it make any difference?

Thanks
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

using the serial port of the OA won't help.

Here are a couple of things to check:

1) you have the VC-Enet modules in Bay 1 and Bay 2. Only Bay 1 and Bay 2 VC-Enet Modules will run VC Manager.

2) verify that the VC-Enet Modules are getting IP addresses from EBIPA (Enclosure Bay IP Addressing) or from an external DHCP Service - if the VC modules don't have IP addresses your VC Manager link won't show up in the OA - I think you are OK here because you can SSH to the modules which tells me you have IP addresses on them.

The Virtual Connect Manager link should show up in the OA web interface on the left frame at the bottom.

You might try opening an http connection to the VC IP address that you are SSH'ing to.

hope that helps.
Kevin Debono
Occasional Advisor

HEM,

thanks once again...

VC-Enet modules are in bays 1 and 2...

BUT they are not getting an IP address and I realised that most probably the source of my problem is this. My OA has a fixed IP so I tried to create a EBIPA range but whatever settings I try the OA tells me that the range is not adequate for the number of bays

Thanks
Kevin Debono
Occasional Advisor

Gents,

I managed to setup an EBIPA range, it was failing before because I was assiging a static IP address to the OA. So now the VC Manager is visible:) I've setup the Ethernet network, storage network, Profile etc but I have 2 problem.

1. The QLogic Messzanine cards are not available in the Blade i.e. they are not visible under Device Manager. Also, the Insight display says that there are no messazine cards installed. See screenshot

2. After that I've setup a network with VC Manager the Blade that I'm testing with cannot communicate with the external network. I have created the Shared Uplink but not sure if I I'm doing all the correct steps

Thanks