1752637 Members
6090 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP C7000 Configuation

Robert Furman

HP C7000 Configuation

Hey everyone,

We were just tasked with setting up a new Blade Server and although I have worked with other types, this HP has me really confused. Right now we have 8 ProLiant BL460c G6's and a 2 VCFlex 10 modules. When doing an install it seems that all eight nics are seen by each system. Even worse on one blade that is getting configured as an ESX Server., it sees 9. Not sure where the ninth one is coming from, but it ends up being the oen that the Service Console attaches to. Needless to say it does not work. I'm obviously missing something. Is there a standard config on how to properly set these up?

Thanks,

Robert
4 REPLIES 4
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

look for document "virtual connect cookbook"

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-BladeSystem-Virtual-Connect/HP-Virtual-Connect-Ethernet-Cookbook-latest-edition-with-Flex-10/m-p/1426

9 NICs is not possible, if You do not have extra mezzazine cards.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Robert Furman

Thanks for the link. Most of the steps outlined in that doc have been done, but I did notice that on the Ethernet Network that my defined External Uplinks are not seeing any attached MAC Address. Any thoughts on that?

Robert

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-BladeSystem-Virtual-Connect/HP-Virtual-Connect-Ethernet-Cookbook-latest-edition-with-Flex-10/m-p/1426

9 NICs is not possible, if You do not have extra mezzazine cards.
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Robert

Welcome to the forum. In order to give you sensible advice, we need more information about your configuration.

1. What firmware levels are you at for OA and VCM?
2. Other than Flex10, (which I assume are in IC bays 1 & 2), what other modules do you have installed, if any, and which bays are they installed in.
3. Do you have any additional mezz cards installed in your BL460's, and if so, which types of cards are installed on which Mezz slots.
4. Have you logged into Virtual Connect Manager and run the Setup Wizards?
5. Have you created any profiles and applied them to your servers?

This will do for a start.

Dave
Robert Furman

Thanks guys, but we got this resolved. Had an issue with one of our switches.

Robert