BladeSystem - General
1752794 Members
6954 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I/O interface cables in C-Class enclosure package.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Leonard Thng
Frequent Advisor

I/O interface cables in C-Class enclosure package.

Hi.. Like to check if anyone knows how many I/O interface cables comes along with the C-Class enclosure? The interface cables comes standard with a (1xSerial,1xVGA,2xUSB)?

From what i understand that now the interface cable doesn't come with every blade server and it comes only with the enclosure? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Is there any option to purchase the cable if i happen to lose it??

Leonard
5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Young_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Leonard

Our c-Class enclosures came with 2 interface cables (416003-001). The parts are not orderable from HP so it might be a good idea to be very friendly with your local HP tech or other customers with the same equipment if you lose it.

Alternatively with all these unusual special cables like the serial cable for the MSA 500/100/1500 series or the serial cable for the MSL FC routers is to fasten them to the back door of the rack with a cable tie or velcro fastener. Good access control may be needed because it is not unknown for support tech's in need a cable to "borrow" from other clients. Especially after hours. Yes I am aware of the paradox.

HTH

Andrew Y
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes
Leonard Thng
Frequent Advisor

Hi Andrew..

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it! Thanks!

Leonard
Leonard Thng
Frequent Advisor

Hi Andrew..

Does the interface cable come with each C-Class blade server?? Previously the cable will come with the P-Class blade server.

Leonard
Andrew Young_2
Honored Contributor

Hi Leonard.

You get two with each blade chassis (enclosure), none with the blade servers themselves. Although I'm not sure what the situation is with the BL860c Integrity blades as I haven't come across any of them yet.

Regards

Andrew Y
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Leonard,

as Andrew correctly states, the blade enclosure itself is shipped from the factory with 2 SUV (Serial USB, Video) cables and when ordering additional blades you don't get any extra SUV cable, not even with the Itanium blade bl860C to add this to the last post made..

Given the remote manageability and virtual media and vKVM features in iLO/iLO2 there are few occasions that still require the usage of the SUV cable really i guess so with having two you should be all set.

HTH

Kris