108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO Firmware v1.50 Update Failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
olyolson
Established Member

iLO Firmware v1.50 Update Failed

I have several BL460 servers with current iLO2 Firmware of v1.43. I have downloaded v1.50 and am using the firmware update feature on the iLO2 itself. I have extracted the.bin file and browsed to it and used the "Send firmware Update" feature. The firmware update fails and states: "The Fimware was rejected".

I haven't tried the utility from Windows yet, as I don't have an OS currently installed yet.

Has anyone had this issue yet?

All other firmware has been updated, I.E, Onboard Administrator......
3 REPLIES 3
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Do a reset server from OA CLI.
and try to update the iLO firmware again.
It should work fine.
Pratik Sangani
Solution

I have one alternat method.
go to hp site select your server in software and dirver download and select linux operatin system and download online ilo file for linux this will dowload a .scexe file put this file in your pendirver and boot the server with firmware cd there you will find a option of add supplement it will detect the ilo update file from your pendirve and you will be able to install latest firmware.
olyolson
Established Member

After installing Windows, I just ran the softpaq and it updated just fine. I already knew that using the firmware update CD and booting the server to it would work. I guess that is the best response I got so thanks.