Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Event: 22036 Power subsystem improperly configured

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

Insight Event: 22036 Power subsystem improperly configured

Hello:

I am receiving a couple of different events from Insight all related to a P-class power enclosure that appears to be functioning properly but is tossing up worrisome events.

Event Severity Major
Cleared Status Cleared
Event Source Encl_03EW86JTK45N
Associated System Encl_03EW86JTK45N
Associated System Status Unknown
Event Time Thu, 7/19/2007, 2:40:14 PM CDT
Description Power subsystem improperly configured. The power subsystem has been improperly configured. User Action: Check the cabling of the power enclosure.

All blades seem to functioning normally and there is no warning lights indicating a problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have attached a screenshot of iLo's rack view.

Thanks in advance,

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advisor
Solution

Re: Insight Event: 22036 Power subsystem improperly configured

What rack firmare are you running? If not already installed take a look at firmware revision 2.33
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/revision/6614.html

Also ensure that the power enclosure is correctly cabled to the blade enclosure in a daisy chain
As well in the past I have found that resetting the power management module on the back of the power enclosure also helps to clear up these alerts

Hope some of this helps
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

I am getting the same thing here on my blade racks, did you ever get a solution to this?
Highlighted

The firmware upgrade I believe corrected the alerts we were experiencing.

I still have another issue relating to the zones that were not setup properly. We need to schedule some downtime to correct the power zone settings.

See page 56-57 of this manual http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00172260/c00172260.pdf