108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Interconnect Failure after OA Firmware Upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
FREDERIC COLLIN
Advisor

Re: Interconnect Failure after OA Firmware Upgrade

gregersenj ::: Thanks for the reply, but we could not repeat the problem when we applied the 3.11 OA firmware over the 3.00 10 days ago.

As for upgrading our Cisco 3120G in the C7000, we have lost their control and maintenance a couple months ago so we do not even have web access (from the OA) anymore so I have no idea of knowing their current firmware. Could you point me to some link/doc I could formward to my new network admin? Thanks.

cjb ::: Yes I have gone back to reading this forum even going as far as 2-3 years but could not find a single post (might have skipped some though) where they have lost all midplane communication where their only solution to bring back both lan and san communication was to unseat/reseat all san and lan switches. If anyone could point me to such a post I'd be happy. Thanks.
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

Frederic

Similar issues. Loss of communication between the OA and modules (in our case vc) ends up with having to reseat/reset everything). I've seen it on a FW upgrade a while back but these events now occur infrequently, at random times, with differing severities. I understand they are not exactly the same scenarios as we all run different environments.

If you are staying on v3.0 check out this customer advisory.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02499458

I'd recommend requesting HP review your firmware and get them to tell you what you should be running.

Good luck.
trilee2
Occasional Advisor

I also had the problem upgrading from 3.00 to 3.21 on our C7000 with one OA. This has also caused a lot of panic in our datacenter and has everyone concern especially since we have so many. All restarted on it's own without any reseating.

Interconnect Devices:
4 - Cisco 3120 network switches, 3 restarted, 1 did not.
2 - Cisco MDS 9124e Fabric Switches did not restart

Another incident a couple months ago where we lost OA web interface access (3.11 advisory). We had to reseat the OA to regain connectivity and the interconnect devices dropped. We had to reseat the interconnect devices to bring them back online.