5797 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: io keying mismatch

phillj_1
Occasional Advisor

io keying mismatch

Hi,

I have just installed 2 bades into a c class enclosure. sfter the 2 blades are inserted i receive the following errors

I\O keying mismatch for server bay 12 mezz 2, I\O keying mismatch for IO module slot 5 port 12
I\O keying mismatch for server bay 11 mezz 2, I\O keying mismatch for IO module slot 5 port 12

im quite new to blade systems so any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Phill

6 REPLIES 6
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Make sure you have the right Mezz card in Mezzanine 2 of both servers.

or YOu may need to remove the Interconnect module 5?

Can you tell us what do u have in IO module 5 and what are the mezz cards... ?
phillj_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi, I removed the card inside the blade into a different slot & this resolved the issue.

On another blade i have a two port hba card added to the blade. when i insert the blade it powers up ok but only finds one port on the fibre switch. They should be two. does the card need moving in this blade as well?

Thanks

Phill
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Phill,

pls provide your layout of the interconnect modules you have installed in which slots (in the back of the enclosure) and the mezzanine cards in your blades, then we can give you a complete answer. Also ,do you have a c3000 or a c7000 enclosure ?

Every Fibre HBA is dual ported and the ports are mapped such that each goes to one interconnect (i.e. one to slot 3 and slot 4) to provide high availability. This requires you to have two Fibre Channel interconnect modules obviously.

HTH

Kris
phillj_1
Occasional Advisor

hi,

we have a 7000.

the layout at the back is

Bay 1 ether
Bay 2 ether
Bay 3 ether
Bay 4 ether
Bay 5 Fibre
Bay 7 Fibre

Is this enough information?

Thanks

Phill
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

That layout only works with full height blades with two HBA cards. Is that what you have?
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Phill,

pls look at this doc. page 21 and 22, it explains the port mapping and also has a diagram which should make it all clear how the port mapping from the mezzanine card in the server up to the interconnect module works.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00816246/c00816246.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

HTH

Kris