1753706 Members
4877 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IP config on GbE2c after upgrade to 2.0.50

Jonas Back_2
Super Advisor

Thanks for that info. I have informed HP tech support and asked if there's any other workaround to get EBIPA to work again without resetting the OA config.

Will post result here.
iulianv
Advisor

you're not resetting the OA config (that is, you don't bring it to its factory default settings) - you're just rebooting the OA, it should be harmless unless you expect tons of events to happen in the enclosure during that minute that you absolutely need to be aware of :)
Jonas Back_2
Super Advisor

Ah, I'll see. However, I think also removing the switch and putting it back also resolved the problem (note: not just powering off and off via the OA but physically removing and putting it back).

Hello

I Can't tell if firmware 2.0.50 caused this situation for one of my customers. But for som reason the assigned a static IP via CLI.

I had some trouble reverting it to EBIPA assigned adress. After several reboots of both OA and Gbe2c switch, removing/reinserting switch etc. I firmware updated one switch to 2.0.60, this didn't solve my problem, but at least the eventlog now told me that EBIPA DHCP adress is recieved, but due to IP-conflict it can't be assigned to mgmt interface (256), also conflict on gateway to be assigned (4).
Via the WEB GUI i deleted both the L3 management IF (1) with static IP and deleted L3 Gateway (4)and hit the apply button. 30 milisecs later the switch was available at EBIPA assigned adress with link in OA GUI.

I guess the new 2.0.60 firmware isn't a part of the solution, but since it's so easy upgradeable I upgraded the 2. switch as well.

Hope this help you.