108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Mezzanine card firmware version on on a HP c7000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

Mezzanine card firmware version on on a HP c7000

How do I check the Ethernet and Fibre Channel mezzanine card firmware version on a HP c7000?
8 REPLIES 8
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Mezzanine card firmware version on on a HP c7000

I think you should see this from iLO, OA and SMH.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
SunnyS
Advisor

SMH yes. I am not so sure about OA or iLO. I believe the system needs to be up for the management app to get this information for the installed mezz cards.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
use SHM as adviced above, or FC utils - Sansufer etc + device properties in case of win OS for Lan cards.

Jan
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

The blades are running Vmware ESX 3.5.0. Is there a way to tell the mezzanine firmware version on these devices?
Bubba Babinski
Solution

Not sure what your asking but here's what I know. If you are looking for firmware versions of the ethernet and fibre channel modules on the c7000 for the interconncet bays you need to login to the enclosure. Click on Rack Firmware on the left side under System and Devices. The interconnect devices will be listed with their firmware version. Mezzanine cards would be installed in the appropriate server mezzanine slots which port to the appropriate interconnect modules being used. There are several ways you can find mezzanine card firmware versions. You can find qlogic card hba information when booting by doing a ctrl q when prompted. You can also find mezzanine card information under device manager - scsi/raid controllers or network adapters. For mezzanine NIC cards look under network adapters also.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
as you it look need check this info online, rebooting server is not an option for you.
you can:
1) in FC case
- log into San switch and check port info where is your blade connected, usually there is driver and firmware version.
- install linux 32bit version of FC HBA utility (sansurfer of hbanywhere), they exists in command line versions and show needed info
2) in LAN case
- download linux 32bit firmware online upgrade utility from hp support pages and run it from service console, it will show current version.

- problably all info all available in esx service console, but I am not such familiar with linux.
- install hp support package for esx 3.5, then you can find info under HP SMH pages.
- I do not have esx 3.5 right now, maybe such info are even in client GUI.

Jan
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

Because of the old version of the OA and VC the only way I can really confirm the mezzaine version is by rebooting the blade and checking the version by post. I've since upgraded the OA to 3.11 and VC t0 3.10 and now a lot more information is reported. Thank you all for your help.
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

Because of the old version of the OA and VC the only way I can really confirm the mezzaine version is by rebooting the blade and checking the version by post. I've since upgraded the OA to 3.11 and VC t0 3.10 and now a lot more information is reported. Thank you all for your help.

The real solution is to stay current with the OA and VC.