New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mezzanine card not detected

SOLVED
Go to solution
GB7
Occasional Advisor

Mezzanine card not detected

Hi,

We have a BladeSystem C7000 enclosure with 7 blades. Qlogic is being used as mezzanine card.
Mezzanine cards of 6 of them are working fine but on the forth Blade (bay 4) is not detected, even though I have two mezzanine on them.
I try look at the port mapping in onboard administrator but the port mapping option of the blade is uncheck and disabled (no card detected).
However, the Operating system is able to detect those cards.

Could anyone help how to fix this problem?
Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

If you select the blade on the OA and the click on the "Information" tab, does it show any Mezzanine Card Information on it? Are there any errors being displayed by blade on the "Status" tab?

Phil
Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Also, you should check all of the check boxes on the port mapping display. Regardless of whether the blade as a mezzanine card in that slot or not. Check those boxes.

Phil
Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Login to OA CLI. And execute the command
"Reset server " it does reset the the server, Check if the OA can see the mezzanine card. if the mezz doesn't show up Check the OA syslog for any entries.
GB7
Occasional Advisor

Philip,
Thanks for you prompt reply, as usual.
concerning the port mapping, the blade cannot see any card present, even though i have plugged two cards.
i also removed the redundant switch from interconnect bay 4 to put in bay 5 to check, but nothing.
i have gone through first time did not find anything unusual.
any additional check?
GB7
Occasional Advisor

Raghuarch,
i have not tried your solution yet, will try it and let you know.
Thanks.
Fabrizio Nicosia
Solution

Hello,

I encounter the same problem, and found my answer here :

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1236667

"Have found solution... I have contacted my country hp support service. They saw me that some mez qlogic are "broken". I havent much details and at last I know that if you have a label with SN: RFCXXXX you must check if the firs four digits afret RFC are between 0648 and 0750. If it is then you have "broken" mezz... UH! (Neoseason)"

It's a known issue for the Qlogic QMH2462 mezzanine...
Melissa O'Brien
Frequent Advisor

We have 8 enclosures and have received 4 blades with QLogic Mez cards that can't be detected.

I would try reseating them and if not, the system board needs to be replaced. This was the case on 3 of our 4 blades. sorry!
GB7
Occasional Advisor

Thanks all for the reply,
concerning the blades, i replaced the mainboard, reinstalled OS and latest drivers, but the problem still persists...
then ordered new Mezz card from HP as replacement for existing. the problem was solved. i guessed there should be some problem with Qlogic QMH2462 cards as i got 8 of them faulty!!!
Whts strange is that the OS detects the cards, but OA does not see any of them present.