1748063 Members
5589 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NC373i NIC Speed/Duplex

Steve Giordano
Frequent Advisor

NC373i NIC Speed/Duplex

I have a BL480c with 4 NC373i Multi-Function NIC's that I'm trying to set the Speed/Duplex settings to 1000/Full but it's greyed out. I'm running PSP 7.60 x64 (Windows 2003 x64, Datacenter). Ports on the switches are set to 1000/Full but I can't set the NIC in the NCU.
8 REPLIES 8
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Steve Giordano
Frequent Advisor

All blades and in both chassis's. We have 2. I'll check out the drivers and let you know. Thanks.
Steve Giordano
Frequent Advisor

I installed the latest version of the drivers and that didn't work. I attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

sound you have some sort of corruptions, can you uninstall NCU and Cards from device manager, Uninstall driver (remove/delete) clean registry with any entry for NC driver q57, reinstall once again or swap card around, I tried today with 373 and no problem found see attachment
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

swap card around = try from new server or replacement
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

The ethernet NICs on c-Class Blades only operate at 1000 full and the setting cannot be manipulated.

They are working by design.
ArturoCowling

Has anybody seen actual confirmation from HP that this is the case and you cannot change the speed/duplex settings?

It seems very odd when HP are touting these servers as prime for clustering and you are unabl to reduce the spped to 10/half?
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

If you use the Ethernet Pass-Thru modules (which are basically wires) the external ports are only 1000/Full so that sounds correct that they are fixed at this.