SOLVED
Go to solution
Mahamudul Hassan
Frequent Advisor

Need some info about c7000 bl server

Hi all,
i need some info about c7000 bl server.
can any one help me regarding this.

Question 1: How could we monitor the HP enclosure c7000 Enclosure (through KVM Switch/Monitor/keyboard?). If yes through Monitor/ Keyboard that you will provide then is this included in the quotation packages. And is compatible with HP or others (like: Dlink) KVM module.

Question 2: 6 Redundant PSUs (3+3) means if not redundant, and then could we provide through 3+0 to run the entire blade server that included in the chassis.

Question 3: If any of the PSU crash i.e. 2+2 or 3+2 or 0+2 or 3+1 situation occurred then all the system will run or not?

Question 4: Could you please define DVD Drive with that will be usable by any of the blades server in the concerned blade enclosure

4 REPLIES 4
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Need some info about c7000 bl server

1. There is no KVM port on the C7000 enclosure itself, though each blade has a dongle port that can be used to connect up a keyboard/mouse and monitor. This dongle is not meant for long term usage.

2. Depending upon the power supply configuration, you can run the entire chassis on 3 power supplies.

3. Again, depending upon the configuration, you can lose a p/s and not be effected, or you can lose one and SOME of the components will not have enough power to stay online.

4. There is no DVD drive, or any optical drive for that matter, on the C7000. There IS a USB port on the Onboard Administrator that can be used to connect an optical drive to the blades. You can also use the dongle previously mentioned to connect a USB drive.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Mahamudul Hassan
Frequent Advisor

Many Thanks.

It has 14 460c server in c7000 enclosure. There is 6 power supply there. can u plz confirm me which power supply is redundant. That means if it is possible to run the enclosure by 3 power supply. which 3 is the redundent.

Please reply soon.

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

If you log into the OA, there is a power and cooling section under Enclosure settings.

In there you should be able to 1. find the current configuration and 2. determine which power suplpies are doing what.

Usuaully, the first 3 bays 1, 2 and 3 are redundant with bays 4, 5 and 6... if you are configured for p/s redundancy.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Q2/3: PSUs are 2250watt (or 2400watt for the new one)
So if you need more than 4500/4800 watt then 2 power supplies will not be enough. Does not matter how they are configured at that point as long as they are on. Most blade enclosures never need more than 4500 unless you have lots of fully stuffed high spec servers with a lot of I/O modules.

Go play with the power sizer
http://h20247.www2.hp.com/ActiveAnswers/cache/347628-0-0-0-121.html

Q4: Any USB drive seems to work. But it must be powered with a mains adaptor.