5928 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New C7000 with Flex10 - Unable to login to Virtual Connect

J.Dan
Occasional Contributor

New C7000 with Flex10 - Unable to login to Virtual Connect

Hi,
When I connect to the Virtual Connect web page I get error: "Invalid Username and/or Password". I have tried the passwords from the two tags on my two Flex10 switches. I have also tried the password for the Onboard Administrator. I have even reset the system to factory defaults.

This is a new purchase and it appears to be running the latest firmware:
HP-VC Flex10 version 2.12
Blade System version 2.60 (31 Aug 2009).

As far as I can tell there is no other way into the switches (no console access). How do I reset these things? (and yes I have tried pushing the virtual reset button)

Any help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
The Brit
Honored Contributor

If you know the IP address for the primary Flex10 VC Module you should be able to connect directly to the cli using telnet of SSH, (with username Administrator, and the password off the tag.) Also try your normal username and password.

If that doesnt work, I'm sure someone else on this forum will have some suggestions.

Dave.
Vincent Berger
HPE Pro

Also make sure you respect the case for the user name and password (it's Administrator with an A).
In case these modules are not really new and the Administrator password has really been changed, the procedure to reset it to default is explained in the VC Setup and Installation guide: http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01732252/c01732252.pdf
J.Dan
Occasional Contributor

I figured out that the TAG that is referred to in the documentation was removed when the flex modules were installed. I thought the password came from the OA Tags that are permanently attached to the blade chassis. When I removed the flex modules I found that the password is also on the label on the top of the box (not visible when installed). I was simply using the wrong password. All is good now.

Thanks
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Thanks for confirmation,
Please close thread after resolution of issue
Cheers

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">

J.Dan
Occasional Contributor