BladeSystem - General
1752795 Members
6594 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NICs on BL480c G1 Blade

bwise

NICs on BL480c G1 Blade

I have 4 DL480Cs in a c7000 enclosure. I just installed Windows Server 2003 32 bit R2 and installed all the NIC drivers. Windows sees all 4 but I can't get them to recofnize a connection. They all just sit there saying unplugged. What is the recommended config put mapping these NICs? I just need someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

what type of ethernet modules do you have in Interconnect bays 1 and 2?

If they are ethernet pass-thru modules, each rj-45 port associated with each NIC must be individually uplinked to your external infrastructure.

If you have some other type of ethernet module in bay 1 and 2 you might need to make sure the downlink ports are enabled and that the uplink ports are connected.
bwise

Here is a screenshot of the current interconnect bay setup for the enclosure. (my browser will is giving me problem when I go to submit the message).

I'll try to explain it. When I got to port mapping for that particular blade in Onboard Manager, nothing comes up in any of the interconnect bays.

The only ethernet ports I see anywhere on the chassis or for uplink and downlink to another chassis and the iLO adapter.

Thanks.

-Brian
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

From the OA, when you click on interconnect bays, it should give you a summary of what you have in each bay. If nothing is showing up then maybe the modules are unseated or absent? Maybe try reseating them.
bwise

These modules are supposed to contain the physical network ports for the embedded NICs on the blade, right? I don't think there are any modules in the chassis other than the 4 blades...
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Have a look at the back of the chassis if yo ucan... the 8 interconnect bays are labeled 1 thru 8 with colored shapes..

Is there anything in them? If not, then you will have no connectivity until you get some...

;o)

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)