1753500 Members
3457 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Onboard Administrator - Blade information tab does not work

Sherida LeClair
Occasional Advisor

Well I reseated the OAs and the tray and no improvement. I see now that I am not getting the power and thermal info for the enclosure either.

I took one blade (from bay 10) that was not working and moved it into a bay where the blade was working (bay 6) and found that it now worked. The blade from bay 6 that had been working ... I moved to bay 10 and it no longer worked. In fact I cannot power it up. So I took the blade that was now working in bay 6 and tried it in the bays that were not populated and learned that we have 8 bays that will show the information and 8 that will not. I am thinking that we may be looking at a midplane issue.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

if it is a Mid Plane issue, The PINS on the back of your Blade will be Damaged. Check the Mid Plane Pins if they are damaged don't Insert any Blade in that Slot.

Can you attach a screen shot of the problem (Onboard Administrator - Blade information tab does not work ) and Syslog ...
WM_2

We have the same issue.C7000 Enc, mixture of 460c, 480c and 465c. OA is at 2.41. All ILOs at 1.70. System ROM Various.
No pattern (not peculiar to chipset). Some Information available/some not across three separate linked enclosures..
Just noticed this. No remedial action taken as yet.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

It may be a mid plane issue...but not a fault. Look at the 4 silver crews that hold in the backplane on the rear of the chassis. Do the clips the screws hold in look parallel to the back of the chassis or are they at a slight angle. If at a slight angle the whole chassis backplane may need reseating.

I had an enclosure that worked perfectly and then I started to get missing iLO connections and errors as above. I did the following and it fixed it.

My fix.
Pull out all the way the middle two PSUs. Pull out slighty the other PSUs and all blades.Pull out all Fans.
Pull out slightly all interconnects.
Pull out slightly the OA Tray.
Unscrew the 4 screws holding in the chassis.
Pull out the chassis a little and then push it back in hard and forcefull. Screw the 4 screws tight.
Replace/reseat all parts.

You can try this without unseating all the parts.... but the force needed is considerably more.
Frank Petrarca
Established Member

You never indicated what revision of OA firmware you were running.

The latest is 2.41, but I just solved a very strange issue at a customer site today by downgrading both OA's on at a time to revision 2.32.

Backup your configuration script/settings first, then get your OA firmware to Revision 2.32.

That probably isn't a mid-plane problem either. It is either OA firmware or an OA issue of some sort.
You are only coming through in waves.. Your lips move, but I can't hear what you're saying..
WM_2

Further to my last post I noticed that my port status view was also failing with error
"the call function pointer did not a valid function"

The fix for this and, as it turned out, my information tab issue was clearing my IE browser cache.
Hopefully this will fix your issue too!
WM_2

Further to my previous post
error message should read:
"The call function pointer did not reference a valid function"