BladeSystem - General
1748265 Members
4156 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Onboard Administrator firmware update failed 'Could not update the firmware with the submitted'

SOLVED
Go to solution
MS Inf
Occasional Advisor

Onboard Administrator firmware update failed 'Could not update the firmware with the submitted'

Receive error message trying to update firmware on the OA. Had issue trying to upgrade from 2.25 to 2.31. Only way I could get modules to successfully upload was to physically remove one while upgrading the other. Trying to upgrade from 2.31 to 2.32 and getting same error message. Opened case with HP. Support has had me replace the OA tray which didn't fix issue. In the process of replacing the OA modules. Anyone else seen/fixed this issue?
11 REPLIES 11
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Re: Onboard Administrator firmware update failed 'Could not update the firmware with the submitted'

I assume it is failing on Active OA?

Can you upload the syslog of the active OA or the failing one?
MS Inf
Occasional Advisor

Same error no matter which OA is active. Attached is the log
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

I assume you've tried Resting the Active OA as mentioned in the syslog.

you can try Factory reset. Make sure you save the config file before, once the OA is back you can upload the same.
MS Inf
Occasional Advisor

Tried reseating everything and replaced the OA system tray. Would like to find fix without having to reset/restore config unless that is the fix. HP is shipping new OA module to see if a hardware replacement fixes issue.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Remove Stand-by OA, And try updating the Active with new image.
It will work most of the times.

Does it help?

JKytsi
Honored Contributor
Solution

I had/have same issue. It looks corrupted download. Downloaded to another machine and tried update there --> worked
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
MS Inf
Occasional Advisor

Downloaded a fresh copy of the firmware file and still getting error message.
MS Inf
Occasional Advisor

Replaced standby OA module. OA GUI showed a firmware mismatch and a Resynchronize Firmware button. Clicked button and synchronize failed. Reuploaded *.bin file and it successfully flashed new module. Ran upgrade to newest firmware 2.32 with both modules inserted and it completed successfully. Problem resolved.
ranjeetkumr
Visitor

Re: Onboard Administrator firmware update failed

When we are update the firmwere of OA Bellow massege are showing 

Could not update the firmware with the submitted image file.