BladeSystem - General
1752290 Members
4169 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Onboard Administrator link to dns name?

sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Onboard Administrator link to dns name?

Hi,

Is it possible to let the onboard administrator link on an enclosure - system page point to its dns-name instead of IP address?

Now, when I click on the link to the onboard administrator of an enclosure, it sends me to the IP address and I get a certificate error because the right name is not used.
Is it possible to change this, so it would link to the dns-name of the OA? Or is there any other way to avoid the certificate error (without changing the CN in the certificate to the ip address)?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

"normally" the link points to the dns name, not to the IP.
Imo your dns config was not correctly setup when you ran the discovery of the enclosure.

Verify your all the DNS entries, forward AND reverse and try another identify of the enclosre. If this does not solve your prob, you have to delete the whole enclosure, verify all DNS entries once again and retry the discovery process.

kind regards
Markus
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

My dns records seem te be fine.
ILO's are also discovered by their dns-names, so this seems to be correct.

I've tried deleting and rediscovering the onboard administrator an the whole enclosure, but at the system page of our enclosures, when I click on the link to the onboard administrator, it still sends me to the ip address.

Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Ah,
you are right! If you want to connect from the enclosure to the OA the link points to the IP, just verified this.

What I did was to select the OA himself and navigate to the Website under "More Information" - In this case the dns name is the target.

So for me this seems to be a bug...

Perhaps we can get a third confirmation on this by anybody of the community?