1753789 Members
7502 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant BL 460C G6 and lenny net problem

Mauricio Estacio
Occasional Contributor

Proliant BL 460C G6 and lenny net problem

HI... I have a 4 HP Proliant BL 460C G6 in a Blade system C7000 enclosure G2, interconected by a HP VC Flex-10 enet module using one port (x2) with a SFP-RJ45nk conector to the LAN in 3 blades I have windows server 2008 without any problem, in the other I have installed debian lenny, I already have installed the netword driver but I don't get link to any other host.
in dmesg I get:
bnx2x: eth2: using MSI-X
[bnx2x_nic_load:6525(eth2)]!!! mf_cfg function disabled
bnx2x: eth2 NIC Link is Down
bnx2x: eth2 NIC Link is Down
bnx2x: eth2 NIC Link is Up, 10000 Mbps full duplex, receive & transmit flow control ON

but don't work

if I do ifdown and ifup:
#ifdown eth2
#ifup eth2
[bnx2x_nic_load:6525(eth2)]!!! mf_cfg funtion disabled
bnx2x: eth2 NIC Link is down
bnx2x: eth2 NIC Link is down

anyone can help me???

4 REPLIES 4
Dan Gonz├бlez
Occasional Advisor

Re: Proliant BL 460C G6 and lenny net problem

It's dumb, but go to Virtual Connect Manager, go to Ehternet Networks, go to Server Connections tab. Refresh, refresh and refresh. If the ports of the server profile are on an UNAVAILABLE status or intermitently pass from OK to UNAVAILABLE and viceversa try this:

- Power off the system.
- Unassing every network port on the server profile at Virtual Connect manager.
- Power on the system.
- Power down the system.
- Assign networks to ports on the server profile the same as before unassign step.
- Power on the system.

This works for me, sometimes.
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

now i├В┬┤m faced with the same problem...

Unable to get the nics up.

Does anyone have a "usable" solution? (which means not power off, power on, power off) ?

kind regards
Markus
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

What version of VC Firmware?

New functionality was added to VC FW 2.30 and above. This new functionality is unlocked with a NIC firmware upgrade (5.0.11 or higher) and also requires a driver upgrade.

You might need a newer driver for your Debian box .... or if there is no new driver you may have to downgrade the NIC firmware on that blade only to pre 5.0.11
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

(latest FW for VC, server and NICs)

...finally its running for me...

with a base install of the lastest stable and a newer kernel from squeeze the bnx2x firmware is working - a little bit tricky but now it├В┬┤s fine,