New Discussion юеВ

PXE not working with Virtual Connect

SOLVED
Go to solution
George Denyer_1
Frequent Advisor

PXE not working with Virtual Connect

Hello all!

We're setting up a C7000 enclosure with BL465c servers. On interconnect bays 1 and 2 there are VC Ethernet modules, on bays 3 and 4 VC SAN modules and on bays 5 and 6 Ethernet Pass-Thru modules. About half of the servers have a NC326m mezzanine NIC that connects to the Pass-Thru modules.

VC was configured so all servers would have PXE enabled on the first embedded NIC port. This works as expected on the servers WITHOUT a mezzanine NIC, but on the servers with a mezzanine NIC, although PXE appears enabled on the embedded NIC it doesnt show up on the boot order list and the server never tries booting from PXE. Same thing happens if VC is configured to use the BIOS setting for PXE and PXE is manually enabled in RBSU.

Firmware is up to date on the servers as well as on the OA (2.04) and VC (1.21).

This is driving me crazy, if anybody has any ideas please share them.

Thanks,

GD
5 REPLIES 5
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Re: PXE not working with Virtual Connect

Hmm, sounds strange...
You can try to update to onboard administrator v 2.10.

Is there any change if you try to change the IRQs in RBSU?

Regards,
George Denyer_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks mi6t0,

I did update OA to 2.10 before starting with the configuration, but had to bring it back to 2.04 because VC Manager was unable to communicate with OA.

G.
HEM_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

George Denyer_1
Frequent Advisor

HEM, I think you are right on the money with that, I'll be trying it tomorrow and will let you know of the results.

Thanks a lot.

GD
George Denyer_1
Frequent Advisor

HEM was right, the advisory suggested by him solved my problem. System ROM had to be updated so an option would be available on RBSU to have option ROMs from embedded options run first.

Thanks to both Mi6t0 and HEM.

G. Denyer