4916 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SPP - Esx 4 U3 Servers

shocko
Honored Contributor

SPP - Esx 4 U3 Servers

Guys,

Trying to run a report with HPSUM 5 from the HPSPP on my C-Class enclsoures. The windows machines report fine but I cannot get it to report on my ESX servers. I keep getting the message 'Logon Denied' when I scan them. I have specified the root account and password so there should be no issue there. I have also disabled the firewall on the ESX server. Where could I be going wrong?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
3 REPLIES 3
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,

why do you need HPSUM againts ESX? You can not update any drivers in ESX enviroment - everything must come from Vmware so I do not understand you question.

Jan

shocko
Honored Contributor

Hi,

HPSUM.exe detects both drivers and Online firmware components. When updating a C-Class enclsoure, you need to ensure all drivers/firmware are up to date. The HPSUM v 5 thats ships with the HP SPP has an option for 'VMWare Servers' when you add a server to scan. I assuem this allowed for some driver/frimware scanning, otherwsie, what is its purpose?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

OK, interesting.

But I never used it in our enviroment. Now - as Vmware goes only for ESXi version I do not see any deep reason why to use HPSUM. We usually prepare maintenance window, update all firmwares, the update ESX updates and any drivers if published by vmware. We do it after Vmware patch bundle releases, otherwise only if there is critical firmware for HW or ESX patch directly for our enviroment. No problem yet.

Jan