BladeSystem - General
1753752 Members
5247 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unbearabily slow OA and iLo (firmware 1.30)

Frank Ng
Advisor

No proxy server in between. I am in the datacenter, there is only one hop in between the mamangement net and the access net. I am sitting on the access network.

This is really frustrating. Anytime I have to work on the OA, I need to be on the management network to get any type of decent speed. This can not happen in a production environment where I can't always be able to sit directly on the management network.
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

because you only see the issue when crossing a router:

Are the ILO and OA default gateways configured properly or are you ending up with some asynchronous routing (incoming and outgoing packets taking a different path on the network that might be causing latency)?

Is there some Quality of Service configured on the router that is limiting tcp port 23 traffic to a specific rate or best effort service level? For Example, 1 remote console session is good but there is not enough configured bandwidth for 2.

Sniff the OA/ILO port and compare the good scenario with the bad to see if you see some differences in communication patterns.

Just some thoughts...
Frank Ng
Advisor

The management network has almost no traffic. That network is setup for ilo traffic and there is currently nothing happening there. telnet or any other traffic is not being dropped. Still can't figure out why.
William E Howard
Regular Advisor

Have you verified that there is no packet loss? Trying to determine whether the OA is dropping packets, or if it is just running slow internally. Might point us in the right direction.