1753658 Members
5363 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: update firmware virtual connect 1/10 enet

daedro
Frequent Advisor

update firmware virtual connect 1/10 enet

hi, i have to update this virtual connect, I have the 2.10 version and i have to update to 3.15, i can do it directly? or I have to do it in various steps. thank you
6 REPLIES 6
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

Should be no problem.

Check your OA version and your server ROM/ILO versions against the matrix first though (and update these before the VC). You will also need the latest VCSU to do the upgrade (think it's 1.5.2).

Also be aware of the flash requirements of 3.xx of VC manager GUI.
daedro
Frequent Advisor

Thank you, I have the 2.41 version in onboard, can I update to 3.21 directly too,

when you say Also be aware of the flash requirements of 3.xx of VC manager GUI, can you explain it better.

thanks a lot
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

as i say, providing the blade fw is up to speed the oa and vc can be upgraded.

the new vcm gui uses flash and it's worth checking the release notes for supported browser config.

upgrade order:
ilo/rom on blades
oa
vc - using vcsu
Proliant VMS San Mgrs
Frequent Advisor

Daedro, do you have any other interconnect devices, perhaps a VC FC 4gb 20 port? If so, that has to be upgraded, along with any fabric elements, such as:

-- EVA or similar SAN device
-- command view DEVA
-- fabric switches

You should see the HP firmware releases; these are all interrelated, and could involve downttime

And, DO NOT FORGET the HP MPIO and MPIO manager
Problems Solved
ARETESOP
Occasional Advisor

Yes there are VC FC, but I think that the VCSU update all the modules included FC.

thank you for the note
Proliant VMS San Mgrs
Frequent Advisor

Daedro, please check the firmware revisions on everything that connects to the VCFC:
-- mezzanine adapter firmware
-- drivers for that mezzanine card
-- MPIO (multi-path) support drivers and the MPIO manager
-- firmware in fabric switch(es)
-- firmware in the SAN device (HSV for EVA)
-- current version of command view EVA (an upgrade may be required, depending on the other versions of firmware, so that you can control the EVA properly if newer firmware is recommended).

Virtual Connect is incredibly sensitive to all of these firmware revisison levels; please read the HP suggested best practices for firmware managment

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/blades/components/c-class.html
Problems Solved