108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrading the blade servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Yaboto
Super Advisor

Upgrading the blade servers

My bladesystem enclosure and servers came with extra modules for upgrade such as processor, memory, mezanine card etc ...
Should I upgrade the blade servers before fixing them into the enclosure ? or which way is recommended ?

Regards,
Ivooc
4 REPLIES 4
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

yes of course, if you don't upgrade you need to put it out from the enclosure, and them put it again.

Its better to finish the HW ocnfiguration / instalation and them install the OS ....

mikap

Yaboto
Super Advisor

Talking about the OS installation:

I have only some Red Hat Linux licenses and no media packs such as installation CDs or DVDs were added. Where would I get the Red Hat Linux to install ?

How would I install the OS ? There is no CD/ DVD drive with the BladeSystem.

Please help me !

Regards,

Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

the redhat linux should be possible download from redhat web page, and the system could be installed from ILO ( so you can mount a iso from your PC or physical CD/DVD rom, and install the system remotely from you office or home.

if you have the blade localy in your datacenter, in the same building, you could attach directly som externel usb DVD rom, directly from frontside to an usb connector from the blade, or on the backsite on the blade enclosure, and share it for all blades, just be clicking, on the central BLADE management. Of course.

Its up to you to decide which way you will choose.

and also you could instal the redhat from the network via boot/PXE.

mikap
Yaboto
Super Advisor

Thanks !