1752796 Members
5944 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VC EBIPA Problem with Fw3.15

Nima Gh.
Regular Advisor

VC EBIPA Problem with Fw3.15

I've upgraded the Firmware of C7000 iLO using the package FW920B.iso (The latest available) and The FW V3.15 is used for VC Flex-10 Modules.
An Error happens:
After Clearing VC mode and Resetting the Factory Settings, The Assigned address for VC#1 remains unchanged! any try to change the IP address through EBIPA fails!

This brought me to a crisis! Please give me your comments about any possible solution!
8 REPLIES 8
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

Sorry? Did you clear VC and do factory reset or did this happen as part of the process?

Is anything (VC) working or is there just a problem with one module?
Nima Gh.
Regular Advisor

I explicitly cleared VC Mode and then did factory reset! This happens with one VC module (in exact words: with one bay!) replacing VC had no effect for the said bay, but replacing OA made anything OK! I guess that this would be related to the OA Firmware!
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

Just querying why you needed to do this as part of a fw update.

All ok now though? Reset of OA often sorts things out.
Nima Gh.
Regular Advisor

I did it not as a part of FW update! I did it since it was needed for some other reasons!
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

OK. So no problem with fw then.
Nima Gh.
Regular Advisor

I mean Native Problem! Since we had the same problem with a device bay and it became fixed with FW update! I just want to know if there is another reason for this problem or no!
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

Sadly i can't provide a solution but I'd comment that this is not uncommon.

I have had issues with replacement modules retaining an old ip address and requiring resets and reseats to force the OA to recognise the change and apply the new IP. I think this is a general problem rather than firmware specific.
dchmax
Frequent Advisor

I just want to mention that we encountered the VC EBIPA Problem with OA FW 2.60 and VC FW 2.33. OA FW 2.60 is almost 2 years old.