108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VC Enet module external uplink port status unavailable

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steve Kunkel
Advisor

VC Enet module external uplink port status unavailable

I updated our production c7000 enclosure F/W back in September and all appeared OK. There were no errors or snags during the process and all resources and connectivity are fine.

VC Enet at v2.12 - six in bays 1-2 and 5-8
VC FC at v1.32 - two in bays 3 and 4
OA at v2.60

I've recently created a new ethernet network. When adding external uplink port(s)the status shows not linked/unavailable. It shows this on any available port on any available module that I try to use. I get a link light on the physical port on the module. Our comms/network team got involved in troubleshooting (verify cables, VLANs, duplex setting, etc.), everything checks out OK.

It also turns out that if I physically unplug an uplink from one of the pre-existing networks the status remains linked/OK instead of reporting not linked/unavailable.

I have yet to try resetting or reseating any of the modules. Can anyone advise if this is what it will take?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
marcus1234
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: VC Enet module external uplink port status unavailable

reeat all interconnects then reseat the oa not just reset,

physically reseat them..
Steve Kunkel
Advisor

mark1234

That's what I feared. Change control joy, it'll be next weekend before I can give this a go. Thanks for the reply.
Steve Kunkel
Advisor

I was unable to try reseating this past weekend. Have rescheduled for this upcoming weekend, will update
Steve Kunkel
Advisor

We attempted to reseat interconnects, one of the blades running a VMWare host had problems failing over to the other FC module so we had to stop there to clean up that mess. After this we now had the additional problem of being unable to access the VC Manager in one of the chassis.

We finaly got in touch will an HP tech higher up the food chain and he sent this series of steps:

- reseat just the VC modules in bays 1 and 2 one at a time (this was all that was needed to fix our problem, we could now access VC Manager and the network we created earlier was now working) - if this had not worked we were to follow the next steps

- remove all interconnect modules starting in bay 8 end with bay 1
- remove secondary OA, followed by primary OA
- reseat OA sleeve
- insert primary OA, verify OA can be logged into
- insert secondary OA, wait 60 seconds
- insert VC module in bay 1, verify VC Manager access
- insert VC module in bay 2, verify VC Manager can see it and is reporting as normal
- insert remaing VC modules one at a time waiting 60 seconds between each
Steve Kunkel
Advisor

problem resolved - see post content