1753587 Members
6578 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VCM Vers 2.30 FW file. Prob with VC FC update 1.4

The Brit
Honored Contributor

VCM Vers 2.30 FW file. Prob with VC FC update 1.4

Has anyone experienced any issues installing VCM firmware update 2.30??

I installed this version in my development enclosure about 3 weeks ago without any problems, but last night I tried to update the Production enclosures, and although the ENet modules updated OK, it failed on the VC FC modules.
The FC modules are Virtual Connect 4Gb Fibre Channel Modules (4 in bays 5-8), and the current F/W is 1.32. The upgrade should have taken them to 1.4.

OA's are at 2.60.

Any ideas, or suggestions.

Dave/
The firmware file was vcfwe1f230.bin and I used the Virtual Connect Support Utility to do the upgrade (twice). It also failed from the GUI tool.

5 REPLIES 5
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Re: VCM Vers 2.30 FW file. Prob with VC FC update 1.4

Jus to add, the enclosures are c7000.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

hi perhaps worth a look

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3201263&swItem=MTX-15cda0bebbbc4d8c861a7898f7&prodNameId=3201264&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=3

>>>>>>>>some of the fixes mentioned <<<<<<<

* Resolved issue with Healthcheck when run on an enclosure that was not in VC Mode or the primary module could not be found.
* Resolved issue of FC modules failing to upgrade when there are no Ethernet modules in the enclosure.
* Resolved issue were VCSU fails to print error message for extra characters on the command line.
* Resolved issue of Healthcheck -b option was not functioning.
* Resolved issue of VCSU hanging when large/negative values are provided for activation delay options.
* Resolved issue of VCSU upgrading enclosures that were "found" but not "imported".
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

may be if all interconnect modules reseated and OA rebooted after , then try again..
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

updating VC firmwares is a pain is the arse job to do. You never know how it will fail. FC modules usually are the ones that don't get updated or only one is updated.

Reboot the affected module and re-flash (if not up to date allready after reboot).
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi

I had same issues not only on 2.30 and always on the VC FC Modeules. I had a case on HP about it. The answer was that VC FC Modules use's a differnt FTP then the VC Ethernet and that the port could be blocked on my PC. I don't remember which portnumber it was. The log say's "000196 (84) vcsu.cpp[10233] Current firmware revision on 1.300000 of Omaha module in bay: 4 do not support generated FTP port feature". I installed VC utility on a Server instead of my PC where the ftp port should not be blocked. And now it works excellent.