5577 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Virtual Connect Firmware Failure "Some Server Error"

SOLVED
Go to solution

Virtual Connect Firmware Failure "Some Server Error"

Hi all,

When I connect to the Virtual Connect Manager on one of my C7000 Chassis, if I try to view the Local Users I receive the error "The soap response packet was unparseable. There might be a problem with the soap server."

After talking to HP they recommended that I upgrade the firmware to version 2.01.
So, in order to do that I had to upgrade the Onboard Administrator Firmware, and before I could do that, I had to upgrade the System ROM on all of the blade servers.

After finally get all the pre-requisites done, I tried to upgrade the firmware on the Virtual Connect.

After sitting there for 5-10 mins "uploading local firmware image", I then get the error "Some Server Error" (yep, such a descriptive error).

I've looked through the System Log but found nothing, and HP Tech Support doesn't have anything I can try.

Has anyone ever seen this error before or found a way around it?

Thanks,
Chris
13 REPLIES 13
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

Try clearing the browser cache.
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP

Hi Ken, thanks for the tip. I cleared the cache (cookies, temporary files, etc) and I'm still receiving the same error.

I've tried the firmware update on a second C7000 enclouse I have and receive the same error.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Check the pre-reqs in the document called
"HP BladeSystem c-Class Virtual Connect Support Utility Version 1.3.2 User Guide"
MarkE_2
Occasional Advisor

Hi Chris

Ive seen the same error on one enclosure.

In the end i reset the active VCM module, waited 20mins and all was ok.

One thing i would say is definitely use the Virtual Connect Support Utility to upgrade the software rather than using the VCM itself, seems to be a lot quicker and more reliable and it report any errors prior to upgrade.

Rgds

Mark
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

My previous experience of SOAP errors.

Go away and have a bath ... come back and restart the browser.. it will be ok.

Hey guys,

I tried using the Virtual Connect Support Utility, using the -report option to check that the firmware will work. However, this failed stating: "Initializing, 28% complete...ERROR: Initialization process failed. Firmware update cannot continue."

I have a second C7000 and I've tried to do the same on it and get the exact same results.

I spent about an hour this morning go through each Compatibility Matrix and ensuring I have the correct System ROMs, Mezzanine ROMs, Fibre Switch Firmware, etc, and everything is listed as being supported by this firmware.
MarkE_2
Occasional Advisor

Ive seen this as well, again resetting the module that needed upgrading fixed the issue.

Sorry, I thought I'd mentioned this.

Over the weekend we had an entire site outage, so all power was completely removed from the Blade Enclosure (effectively the same as a reset).

We also, just to be sure, removed all of the Virtual Connect Modules and reinserted them.

Chris
carlosgu

The last option for us (we had the same issue) was having HP to replace the module.