1753338 Members
4908 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Virtual Connect firmware update failed

Hofkicks
Advisor

Virtual Connect firmware update failed

I have updated Virtual Connect 1.10 to 1.16. I overlooked the process of updating to firmware 1.15 before i can update to 1.16.
Virtual Connect doesn't stat a running or installed version on module 2,3, and 4 under Firmware update. VC Module 1 is still running 1.10. (See the screenshot attached)

I am trying to update VC Module 2,3 and 4 to 1.15 now, but the HP Virtual Connect Manager doesn't show any status changes in the progress bar for 1 hour now.

Does anyone have an idea of what i could do next?
4 REPLIES 4
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Richard,
How are you updating this firmware ? R u doing an online update ? Or do u have the firmware file as a local copy ?

If you are updating it from "Update from a web URL" ... the download will be slow, or unavailable, as HP front end web servers are down.

Regards.
Hofkicks
Advisor

I downloaded the firmware locally, and i can upload it to the VC module....but I can't update the modules
Hofkicks
Advisor

Problem solved.

It seems like an earlier update did not complete succesfully which made the VC modules unavailable. The active VC module could be reached over the network but did not connect to the other modules.

I re-assigned new IP adresses to all interconnect bays and did a failover of OA.
All VC modules applied the new IP adress and the VC domain was up and running again.
Hofkicks
Advisor

Closed thread