4709 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

weird temperature and cpu speed reporting on BL260c

iulianv
Advisor

weird temperature and cpu speed reporting on BL260c

hello everyone,

i have a C7000 enclosure (actually i have two, but only one is experiencing what's described below), populated (not fully) with BL260c G5 blades

the BIOS of one of the blades reports CPU/bus speed of 4.00GHz/1600MHz, although the operating system (linux) correctly reports 3.33/1333 (it's an X5260 CPU); the same wrong info is reported by iLO2/OA

the second issue is that another blade (this time a dual-CPU one) is showing 43 degrees temperature for both CPUs, although it's doing nothing (it doesn't even have an OS installed); all the other blades in both enclosures show 30 degrees. i took down the front HDD enclosure and checked the CPU heatsinks - both seem to be well fastened - would it be possible that thermal compound wasn't properly applied when the blade was assembled? do you recommend taking the heatsinks off and replacing the thermal compound?

all BL260c G5s in both enclosures run the same BIOS versio (I20) and the same iLO2 version (1.50)

thanks a lot for any hints
3 REPLIES 3
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Re: weird temperature and cpu speed reporting on BL260c

And the OA FW is the latest ?
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

iulianv
Advisor

well, if I20 is the BIOS version number, then i have it (as i said, on ALL blades, so it would be weird anyway, that only one of them is experiencing the issue)

OA firmware i believe it's the latest - 2.20