BladeSystem - General
1751940 Members
5140 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: What's the story on 2250W Power Supplies?

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

What's the story on 2250W Power Supplies?

Scott had a blade power supply question:

****************************************************************************************************************

It is my understanding that you cant mix 2250W and 2400W P/S’s.  I have a customer looking to add P/S’s to an existing enclosure but apparently the 2250W is no longer available. So should I assume the only solution is to order all 2400W P/S and trash the 2250’s or do I have incorrect information?

************************************************************************************************************

Lauren responded:

***********************************************************************************************************

That is correct, you can not mix the 2250w with 2400w power supplies.  The 2250w went end of life in April.  You may want to try to order a 2250w from spares.  The spares # is 411099-001.

****************************************************************************************************************

Hope that helps! Are you migrating to the newer, more efficient  power supplies?

2 REPLIES 2
chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Dave provided some additiona information:

*********************************************************************************************

Or if the site has multiple enclosures with the older 2250w PS, then order 6 new ones and hang onto the older ones for spares or add to an enclosure. They will need more power cords and PDU plugs available.

P.S. You can mix the PS’s long enough to upgrade the enclosure with the new ones. Pull one, put a new one in its place, wait for it to show live in the GUI, then continue with the next one.

*************************************************************************************************************

Have you done this? Any comments on the process?

WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor