BladeSystem - General
1753288 Members
5724 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Wich is the better tool to generate BOM?

ReynierPM
Frequent Advisor

Wich is the better tool to generate BOM?

Hi:
I'm trying to get the BOM (Bill of Materials) for a BladeSystems solution and have some problems. First I give a try to hp eConfigure tool but have a lot of problems (this is the best tool I found for this purpose but still not working and I report the errors to developers in order to get all working). Second I try to use HP BladeSystem Power Sizing Tool but get some messages like this for example: 412142-B21 HP BLc7000 Redundant Onboard Administrator - Obsolete

Can any point me in the right direction?
5 REPLIES 5
Steve Waugh
Frequent Advisor

Are you a partner or end user?

I use Sales Builder (SBW) which is good.

The Blade System Power Sizing Tool is not always up to date unfortunately.
ReynierPM
Frequent Advisor

None I'm a consultant and my work is to tell how much the solution cost to the clients (I'm not a reseller). Where I can get this tool you mention?
Steve Waugh
Frequent Advisor

It's unfortunately only for partners and requires access through Hp's partner portal.

A reseller should be able to punch out a quotation quite quickly for you.

What is the BOM your looking for?
ReynierPM
Frequent Advisor

It's a online tool? Or downloable tool? Is to bad because end users can't planning by them their requirements.

Well I'm plannig to buy this:
(1) HP c7000 enclosure with 6 PSU, 10 Fans and 16 ICE Licenses
(16) HP BL460c G6 X5650
- 192 GB RAM in each server
- 2P in each server
- One HBA Mezzanine
- 2 HDD 146GB 6G 15k
- iLO Advanced licenses for this enclosure or individual Blades I don't know who to deal with this

Anyway this is only the first part because I'm planning to provide them with EVA8100 upgrade from 6100 and also EML TL 6000 Series upgrade.
Dan Robinson_4
Regular Advisor

Product Bulletin (free for all) has a built in Quoting feature if you want to do things more manually (you pick and choose all the parts and there is no error checking).

However alot of the CTO components dont seem to want to quote for some reason.