9877 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: WWN's of new blades not appearing

PhilHowes
Advisor

WWN's of new blades not appearing

Hi,
We have a C7000 chassis with a number of blades that have been working OK. I recently added 2 new Bl460c G6 blades with Qlogic FC Mez cards. All looked fine at first - the Mez in slot 1 had mapped through to my brocade switch under the 'port mapping' for the blade. When I look at the 'port mapping' for the brocade switch, it also shows the new connetions and shows the device ID's OK and says they are connected. However, when I go into the Management console for the brocade, things start to look different. Under 'Zone Admin' I was hoping the WWN's of the new blades would appear under the WWN list, but they don't. Under 'Port Admin' the status of the ports the new blades are mapped to look different to those of the existing good blades. i.e. port type is 'U type' instead of 'F type', port status is 'no sync' instead of 'online'. I have enabled the port and reserved a license (we have 24 licenses), but no joy. Be grateful for any thoughts.
2 REPLIES 2
Daniel Bernardo
Advisor

hello,
i think that you are attach the mezzanine card to the bad slot.

change you mezanine card to the other slot and your problem disappear.

PhilHowes
Advisor

Thanks for the reply.
I originally had the Mez cards in the other slot, but they were trying to map to a interconnect slot in the back that was empty, so I swapped their position. I have brocades in interconnect bay 3 & 4. When the Mez cards were in the other slot, they were trying to map through to bay 5 & 6, which are empty.

I've not set one of these up before, so apologies If I'm making some obvious errors.