108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: XW460c hangs up/lock/freeze - slow response

XW460c hangs up/lock/freeze - slow response

Hello.
New to this forum.

We have occational problems with the XW460c freezing and/or slow response
The RGS is 4.0.1.0 and 4.0.2.0
Nvidia graphics drivers is 6.14.10.8662 to 6.14.11.7595 (will try to standarize to the latest levels)

We suspect there is is a issue when the user is having some 15? PDF files open. I've see a few comments on how to make acrobat reader more efficient. Most of the PDF's is opened from Outlook, where the user is having some 10000 messages in his inbox. The local caching of Outlook is currently turned off.

I also saw a comment on changing the "c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Remote Graphics Sender\rgsenderconfig", enabling the parameter "Rgsender.IsBlankScreenAndBlockInputEnabled=0"
Thread: http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1223404890365+28353475&threadId=1155187

I belive there is a combination problem here, somewhere in between the Nvidia and/or Adobe Acrobat.

I'll do some changing on the config here, but if anyone have some good comments on this combination I'll be glad to learn from you!

3 REPLIES 3
CPhalen
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

What type of freezing and/or slow response are you seeing? We are having an issue here where explorer.exe is locking up. Are you seeing the same issue, or something different?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Hello

We found that turning off automatic powersave on the chassis would help us. Our experience now is the clients is not going into powersave with the result of beeing more and faster responsive than before. I have not found any documentation on this and HP has not commented yet.

Maybe there is more undocumented features that can bring our blade workstation to a "real" PC?
CPhalen
Occasional Contributor

So basically you turned off Enable Dynamic Power and you saw improvement on your individual blade performance?