BladeSystem Infrastructure and Application Solutions
1753781 Members
7356 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C7000 BL465C G5 Power consumption and ILO failures

Richard Thieme

I am experiencing some strange problems. I have a C7000 fully populated with BL465C G5's. Recently, a number of the ILO's timed on connection - and would display autologon failure. I would also noticed the watt consumption of these blade hitting over 300watts (all have dual quad core AMD, 34GB ram, e-net mezzanine and san mezzanine). Most of the harder working SQL boxes are consuming only aroun 199watts. I have found the only way to correct this is to have the blade reseated, or to trip the eBreaker on the slot via SSH. Has anyone encountered this issue? It seems to be spreading around this one enclosure so far - an I have to examine all of my other ones now.
4 REPLIES 4
darren love

Lucky you for only having those issues. I have 2 enclosures, 23 blades and we've probably replaced 18 motherboards (some replacements were DOA as well). There are definite firmware issues with the power management controller which plagues us. I always thought HP was rock solid until this mishap which is making our group look foolish with all these "outages".
John Cagle
Frequent Advisor

Rick - have you logged a case with HP support for these issues? That's the quickest way to get a resolution. Also, I will email you directly and see if you can send me a "show all" from the OA, and I'll take a look through it to see if any problems are obvious. Thanks!
Richard Thieme

I have logged a case with HP - and the suggestion was to reseat the blades 4 times.. so far they look okay.. for a really strange fix.. I send you the show all via email. Thanks for your help!
Michael Kemp

I have also experienced these issues. Mine has been with earlier firmware levels as well as the current levels. HP has replaced system boards because they (BL460G6) were not displaying their system p/n in the OA GUI. After replacement it worked for a week and then reverted back to not displaying p/n.I have had the midplane replaced due to iLO disconnects as well as the OA sleeve and both OAs. Nothing seemed to resolve the issue and then the blade iLOs just stopped disconnecting, at least for the last 3 - 4 weeks. We have restricted our troubleshooting and replacements to one c7000 chassis since it is a DR one and not production. I have 4 others with the same blade, firmware, OA versions that do not have this issue yet.