1748178 Members
4329 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

iLO 2 and arrow keys

davep76
Occasional Advisor

iLO 2 and arrow keys

I have a Proliant BL460c G6 that uses iLO 2 that will not respond to the arrow keys on my keyboard.

So, if I want to pick something other than the default when booted from a LiveCD ISO, for example, I am out of luck.

My browser is Internet Explorer 8  running on Windows 7 and my co-workers have confirmed the same issue with IE 9.

The arrow keys control the vertical scrolling (which is a different behavior than in Windows XP).

Does anyone know which combination of options in Internet Explorer enable the use of arrow keys within the window?

Is there any relevant configuration in iLO that could affect this ?

Any input would be appreciated.   Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

Re: iLO 2 and arrow keys

hi,

What's the iLo 2 firmware version? Try to flash the ilo to the latest fw version. I  think, there was a fix for this issue in one of the versions.

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
davep76
Occasional Advisor

2.06   05/31/2011

Although I suspect the problem is with the browser since the arrow keys are causing scrolling.  The ILO never gets the control sequences from the arrow, tab or function keys

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Is Protected Mode in IE8 enabled?  When enabled, IE8 and IE9 block ActiveX and since iLO2 Integrated Remote Console is an ActiveX control, it affects our virtual keyboard hook. I've been looking at this issue and I'm afraid we cannot fix it. 

Instead, try using the Java Remote Console, if you are not allowed to disable protected mode in your environment.

Señor Perez you are the man!

We added the HP ilo 2 IP Address to the local intranet zone (IE security settings) and if that wouldn't be enough one could always modify the zone and allow all active x options for the time using the ilo.

Then we activated IE compatibility mode.

Now the F1, F2, ... keys work as well as the ArrowUp (KeyUp), ArrowDown (KeyDown) on the HP iLo 2.

No Java needed.

Thanks for your post Oscar, it gave us all the hints.

danialk
Occasional Visitor

Thank you, can confirm this fix also works for IE11 on Windows 10.