BladeSystem - General
1748232 Members
3581 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Interconnect Bays question...

coreyw

My name is Corey and I am fairly new to the HP Blade architecture. I currently have questions about the interconnect bays in the back of the enclosure. But first, I would like to find more white papers or information on them directly. Does anyone know where there is a repository of information on the interconnect bays? Thank you. -Corey
3 REPLIES 3
violetlight
Occasional Advisor

There are quickspec papers on the various options on the HP website. Start here: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/blades/components/c-class-interconnects.html Simon.
coreyw

Thank you for that post Simon. I have yet another question about the interconnect bays. Are the IP's that you assign the interconnect bays the same concept as ILO 2 for the blades. As in, does it just enable a management page for anything in that bay? Thank you.
John Cagle
Frequent Advisor

Most interconnect modules have some sort of management/configuration interface that is available from a web page or command line interface (like Telnet or SSH). An IP address is required for those interconnect modules you want to access through the Ethernet port of the Onboard Administrator. Some other modules require IP addresses to function properly within the chassis -- such as the HP Virtual Connect Fibre Channel module - it needs an IP address to talk to the Virtual Connect manager.