1752802 Members
5758 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

isolating networks on c7000 enclosure

Kevdmcse
Frequent Visitor

isolating networks on c7000 enclosure

I'm using two c7000 chassis in a lab environment. The chassis have HP VC FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Ineterconnects. The goal is to carve this lab into several independant simulated environments but all using the same vlan's defined on the Cisco switches they plug into. Ideally I would use X1, X2 fiber for SAN. X3 and X4 would go to one set of Cisco switches. X5 and X6 would go to a second set of Cisco switches and X7 and X8 would go to a third identical pair of Cisco switches.

All Cisco switches would have the same defined VLAN id's but blades using X3 and X4 ports could not talk to blades using X5 and X6 or X7 and X8 and vice versa. Is this even possible to set the chassis and interconnects up in this manner or am I tilting at windmills here?

The overall goal is to have the lab simulate multiple datacenters using different ip space at layer 3 but same layer 2 vlan id's.

3 REPLIES 3
ksram
HPE Pro

Re: isolating networks on c7000 enclosure

Hi,

Could you please confirm if you are able to ping from Blades using X3 and X4 to Blades using X5 and X6 or X7 and X8.

Could you also confirm if they are in same Network.

Thank you

KSRam

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi,

Let us know if this is fixed / sorted out.

Please check if they are in same Network / Subnet Mask / and connectivity.

Thank you.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

smokin901
HPE Pro

you can mark the network as private so that all the traffic flows via external switch.

I am an HPE Employee
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company

Accept or Kudo