New Discussion юеВ

6125G blade switch Management IP access in OA web

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pomme
Visitor

6125G blade switch Management IP access in OA web

Hi kind people.

From what I understood so far, I can access management of blade switch through OA port even if that switch is in another physical segment. For example, I can access ssh/web and collect snmp metrics via OA port. It somehow works with our GbE2c switches, and they are easy to configure. However I cannot find how to configure 6125G.

Using the links at the bototom of this post I was able to configure IP and SSH access, but I can only access switch from the network segment where that switch is connected. My management and monitoring is done on another network segment where OA's are connected. Even if GbE2c are in another physical network segment, I successfully collect their snmp metrics and ssh into switches.

If I am not mistaken, because I had to do it only once and by the book, I set GbE2c into some specific VLAN to be able to see URL link to that switch management in OA web ui. And I assume, this enables access to the switch via OA port.

I cannot ssh and snmp access to my 6125G switches from another network segment via OA.

I cannot find documentation how to configure my 6125G switch the same way. From links below I can assume I either need to set IP only for M-Ethernet 0/0/0 interface, or add this interface into vlan1 group.

If I ping IP of the switch, the MAC address I see in arp cache belongs to VLAN 1 group and all ports are assigned into that VLAN except M-Ethernet 0/0/0 port.

PS my chassis model is C7000.

4 REPLIES 4
Pomme
Visitor

Re: 6125G blade switch Management IP access in OA web

If it helps to understand the question, this is something I am trying to do:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03113857

>Onboard Administrator of C7000 Enclosure: System Could Not Detect Management IP Address

>connect to switch through OA module

Vivekem
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please refer below guide page 37-38 to configure SNMP. If this doent work , you may need to use external routing between different network segment . If this doesnt help, please involve HPE consultants .

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04338003&docLocale=en_US

Thank You!
I am an HPE employee
Solution

With thanks from support I figured it out.

Yes, OA port can talk to Management port of the switch. So if your switch and OA on a different physical networks, you can access switch management via OA, and so snmp too.

To achieve that, you must configure management interface M-Ethernet0/0/0 IP address, not the VLAN as configuration guide suggests.

Pomme
Visitor

resolved, wrong post.