1747984 Members
4739 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Help configuring catalyst 3120x for hp

meekrob
Super Advisor

Help configuring catalyst 3120x for hp

Hi all, i have a c3000 chassis with 2 catalyst 3120x in interconnects bays 1 and 2. Im not too much into networking so if can someone provide some help on how to set these 2 modules so they can operate as a single global switch which can help for etherchannel in a vmware environment that can tolerate the loss of a switch. Our network has also vlans. Please if can someone provide some white paper as this topic is wide and the software config guide is big. It would be helpful if someone can orient me on this subject

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

The 3120 is a Cisco switch at heart.  The following has all the documentation you should need:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/catalyst-blade-switch-3120-hp/model.html

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
meekrob
Super Advisor

Hello Bob,

you re totally right and i ve already explained that those manuals and links provided by Cisco are too wide.

All i need is to be able to cross stack 2x 3120x interconnect modules in bays 1 & 2 via internal cross connect and by configuring ports 17 and 18 for that purpose (without using the stack cable)

Kindly if someone can orient me or provide some configuration example it would be very helpful

Thanks in advance