7220 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

automate pxe vlan mode and id using ilorest

pgarcia79
Occasional Contributor

automate pxe vlan mode and id using ilorest

Hi,

I have synergy gen10 blades, with ilo5. I am looking into automating the option to boot from pxe ,for what I need to define the VLAN Mode as enabled (disabled by default) and set the VLAN ID.

I know how to change boot order, but without these options set up, pxe won't work.

In UEFI menu (F9 at boot up) I go to:

system configuration -> Slot 3 Port 1 : HPE Synergy 3820C 10/20Gb Converged Network Adapter - CNA -> MBA Configuration Menu -> VLAN Mode = Enabled

system configuration -> Slot 3 Port 1 : HPE Synergy 3820C 10/20Gb Converged Network Adapter - CNA -> MBA Configuration Menu -> VLAN ID(1.,4094) = 56

Any ideas on how to automate this task with ilorest? or any other method you may think about?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
pss15
HPE Pro

Re: automate pxe vlan mode and id using ilorest

Hi,

I believe this should help.

"File-based mode allows you to save and load settings from a file. This is similar to the conrep.dat files used by CONREP. File-based mode supports the JSON format"

https://hewlettpackard.github.io/python-redfish-utility/#interactive-mode

Regards,

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

pgarcia79
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I don't find the entry that configures the parameters I am looking for so the approach you propose is no good

pss15
HPE Pro

In general changing BIOS settings directly through iLO, in the back of OneView, may not be a good idea.

The first task to achieve, which can be challenging when no OS is installed in a system, is to identify the NIC on which we want to work on. The MAC address or the UefiDevicePath are good criterias. 

ilorest login ilo5 -u <user> -p <password>
ilorest select EthernetInterface. # note the trailing "dot"
ilorest get VLAN # Look for MAC address
ilorest set VLAN/VLANEnable=true
ilorest set VLAN/VLANId=56
ilorest status
ilorest commit
ilorest reboot ForceRestart
ilorest logout

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Operations_SWS
Regular Visitor

Hi, we have same issue. We are unable to PXE boot as per PXE VLAN disable parameter in NIC/BIOS. If I change this parameter directly in ILO i get conflict with OneView howerver I did not manage to find this parameter in OneView directly. Pls advise. Many thanks!

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Operations_SWS

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and help you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo