1748149 Members
3651 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BIOS update BL490c G6

CLEB
Valued Contributor

BIOS update BL490c G6

Hi all, wondering if anyone has experience with USB image bios update package for HP BL460c G6.
I'm having an issue where upon booting the update, FreeDOS just stops at "InitDisk can't get drive parameters for drive".
Apart from a Windows online package, USB image seems to be the only way to update this model and I'm using vSphere.

Thanks

Carl

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

You may download the USB key media from the following link:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3884100&swItemId=MTX_5b14dfe1fc5249529f27dab8f8&swEnvOid=4184

Steps to install:

1. Obtain a formatted USB Key media.
  2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on a system running Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and change to that directory.
  3. From that drive and directory, run the downloaded SoftPaq file: Simply double click on the SPxxxxx.exe file and follow the installation wizard to complete the SoftPaq installation process. At the end of a successful installation of the SoftPaq a web page will automatically appear to provide you with the different methods for restoring and/or upgrading the firmware on the system.
  4. After the USB Key is created, you may delete the downloaded file if you wish.
    Insert this USB Key into the USB Key port of the system to be updated and power the system on to boot to the USB Key.

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

CLEB
Valued Contributor

ok, so the issue was that I was trying to mount the USB key via iLO virtual media. For some reason it won't boot properly when doing that and will stop half way through, failing on finding a command interpreter.

I plugged the USB key into the blade via the adaptor cable and it boots and updates the BIOS fine.

Carl