BladeSystem - General
1753629 Members
5361 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Cannot modify configuration of FlexFabric

Eric_CC

Cannot modify configuration of FlexFabric

I have a small but annoying issue with a BladeSystem c7000, OA version is 4.01.

In the enclosure are ProLiant BL460c Gen8 blades with HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 554FLB Adapters.

In the properties of each NIC, I see that 3 LOMs have been defined, one NIC, one FCoE HBA & one iSCSI NIC.

My issue is that I must enable software iSCSI in Vmware 5.5 and would like to disable both FCoE & iSCSI. To do this, I should use the Virtual Connect Manager tab of the OA, but the link is missing. 

If I check using VCSU, I don't get an IP for VC, only for OA & the 6120XG blade switch.

Any idea on how to reconfigure the LOM to be NIC only ?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

4 REPLIES 4
JeroenKleen
Frequent Advisor

Re: Cannot modify configuration of FlexFabric

Hello Eric,

At the bottom of the OA GUI page there might be as well another link visible for HPE Virtual Connect login.

If not then you can try looking at the OA EBIPA assignment for interconnect and then browse to either bay1 or bay2 IP from our VC modules. It will show then where the active VC manager is available and you can still easily login from there..

Does this helps?

Best Regards, jeroen

Working at HPE Pointnext Cloud CoE as HPE OneSphere multi-cloud Evangelist
JeroenKleen
Frequent Advisor

Hi Eric, 

To answer your 2nd question how to change the NIC to be all NIC's this can only be done when the server is powered off. Then you can remove the last 2 NICS (iSCSI & FC) and then replace that for pure NICs in the profile. Once the profile is saved you can power up your server again and the 3 nics should show up.

Best regards, Jeroen

Working at HPE Pointnext Cloud CoE as HPE OneSphere multi-cloud Evangelist
smokin901
HPE Pro

You can disable NPAR (Network partitioning) from RBSU.

I am an HPE Employee
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company

Accept or Kudo

Eric_CC

Hello,

thanks for your answers.

I still can't see the VC, and, once gain, my customer changed his mind and now, he wants to use the Iscsi LOM, so extra question except from the BIOS setup (Ctrl S during boot) is there anywhere else I could assign VLAN tagging on the iSCSI LOMs.

I think it is possible in the VC profiles but as initially mentionned I can't access VC, and on Interconnect bays 1 & 2 it is a HP 6120XG switch where I don't see anything VC related...

Thanks again in advance,