3348 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Change user to connect Enclosure

EricLeonard
Occasional Contributor

Change user to connect Enclosure

Hello,

We have a customer that did change the password of the user used to add the enclosure in Virtual Connect.

When a power cycle happens, the VC is unable to connect to the Enclosure as the password is wrong. It is quite easy to update the password and reconnect the VC to the OA.

The real issue is that the case is also subject to happen on remote sites where it is quite hard to foresee a maintenance window to proceed with a reboot and an update of the password.

We tought of creating a local user dedicated to the connection between VC & Enclosure, but don't see any command in VC CLI that would allow this task to be performed. 

The "remove enclosure" doesn't do the trick as there is only a local enclosure in the domain, and you can't import an already connected enclosure

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.

for Information, we are running VC 4.62 & OA 4.75.

Thanks in advance

Eric L.

Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.
4 REPLIES 4
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Change user to connect Enclosure

Hi Eric,

If you are referring onboard administrator password recovery, you can follow any one of the below option. Remotelly its not possbile to recover onboard administrator password.

Recovering the administrator password
If the administrator password has been lost, you can reset the administrator password to the factory default that shipped on the tag with the Onboard Administrator module. The Onboard Administrator resets a lost password to Lost Password/Flash Disaster Recovery (LP/FDR) mode. To recover the password and reset the administrator password to the factory default:
1. Connect a computer to the serial port of the Active Onboard Administrator using a null-modem cable.
2. With a null-modem cable (9600 N, 8, 1, VT100, locally connect to the Onboard Administrator).
3. Open HyperTerminal (in Microsoft® Windows®) or a suitable terminal window (in Linux), and then connect to the Active Onboard Administrator.
4. Press and hold in the Onboard Administrator reset button for 5 seconds.
5. To boot the system into Lost Password modem Press L. The password appears as the system reboots.

HPE Onboard Administrator - How to Reset the Administrator Password
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00047922en_us

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
AmRa
HPE Pro

May I know if the suggested action helped in your case.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
EricLeonard
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

sorry for th delay in my answer.

The solution proposed is not applicable as most of the enclosure are on remote sites where physical access is limited or restricted, and connecting a serial cable is very hard to put in place.

I would prefer a way to change the user that is used to connect flex to enclosure in the domain without having to power cycle the enclosure. 

Thanks in avance,

Eric L?

Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.
AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi Eric,
When we initiate VCM domain creation, its will ask for OA administrate login credentials. Once the enclosure imported to VCM domain, you can change the OA user passwords. Or you can create new users in OA.

So may I know what exactly you are looking here.

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo